I use Lora Jenson's 3 Day Potty Training because I really like the method. It's not taking them to the potty every 10 minutes, and it is full of praise and positivity. The point is catching them in the act of having an accident and rushing to the potty to finish on the potty. And asking 1.5 billion times each day to "remember to tell Mommy when you need to go potty!"
We put Ryane in underwear last Friday thinking she would get it quickly. She has already been showing interest in the potty, saying potty and pee pee and is willing to sit on the toilet. She also has gone on the potty a couple of times. At 21 months, I felt like she was more ready than when we trained the boys at 27 months.
So when the first accident happened I rushed her to the potty to finish. By the end of day 1 she hadn't made it on the potty but was holding it longer and longer between accidents.
By the end of day 3 she was holding it half the day and still not going on the potty. She would even say she needed to go but then wouldn't or couldn't. As I was emailing Lora, Ryane said she needed to go and once she was on the potty, she said "hurts!" when she tried to go. I thought... okay, not ready, let me go get a diaper. I do not want her to be in pain or to get an infection. She's still little and we have plenty of time. I was being selfish to get this done before the baby. Lora confirmed what I was thinking and advised to take a 30 day break and not mention potty training at all.
In the last 3 days, Ryane has asked to go on the potty and has peed 6 times! I still have her in a diaper but am thinking over the next few weeks to take her more regularly and see where it goes. I guess she gets how to do it now! I'm just scared to push it to far. I don't want any regression now or when the baby comes so I'm trying to be more laid back about it than I was with the boys. There is no way I would have put them back in a diaper!
I'm proud of her though! 21 months is still so little to learn to go on the potty! And she looks so darn cute in underwear, right?!




No comments:
Post a Comment