Thursday, July 31, 2014

Baby on my brain

Thinking about how this baby will fit into our already busy family of 5. This picture makes me believe that Kaden probably thinks this is a normal event every 2 years!

Cam was a little bit more hesitant about holding Ryane after she was born, where Kaden asked all the time to hold Cam.  I have a feeling Ryane is going to be IN LOVE with having a baby in the house. 


 
This pregnancy has been really different to me than the other 3.  I'm 30 weeks and I'm over it!  I'm not exactly sure if it's the pregnancy or having a busy, busy, BUSY 20 month old at home.  I hate to say that I'm over it because there are parts of pregnancy that I absolutely love with all my heart.  Feeling the baby move is a miracle.  It's beautiful, even when it's a hard or unexpected punch in the gut. 
  • This pregnancy obviously started off very differently from the others!  Finding out 2 weeks after my others, in my doctor's office, at my annual exam, by myself.... versus waiting till the first possible second to take a pregnancy test!
  •  
  • I was sick with a pretty bad cold when I found out I was pregnant, but my stuffy nose NEVER went away!  My mom googled it and it's fairly common to have pregnancy rhinitis!  I can't breathe out of my nose at all, and I haven't been able to since I got pregnant. It's crazy!
  • I had sciatica really badly at the beginning to middle of the pregnancy.  It was a pain I never experienced in my life and literally felt like a fire in the back of my legs.  I started seeing a wonderful massage therapist and it's much better.  This, on top of a flare of up my herniated disk made the beginning of the pregnancy seem impossible.
  • I felt mostly exhausted in the first trimester versus nauseated.  I attribute this to not being able to smell!
  • I have allergies.  I have never, ever had allergies.  But there are so many days that my eyes and nose are so itchy I can't stand it!  Also, I ran out of my face soap and started using Neutrogena and I broke out in a rash on my face!  I have never been allergic to anything except fire ants!
  • I'm carrying much lower this time compared to the other 3.  I have never once had to push him out of my ribs like I felt I was constantly doing in my previous pregnancies.  In fact, when I'm walking I feel like I have to hold him up!
  • I'm also carrying very similar to how I carried Ryane (all out in front,  but very differently from how I carried the boys (big everywhere).
    30 week selfie
  • With this pregnancy, we had the ultrasound scare with the CPC but have never had any concerns with the other 3 in any of our ultrasounds.
  • This baby is AVERAGE size, according to our 28 week sono.  The doctor thought Kaden would be close to 11 pounds... (he was 7 lbs 7 oz) but they all measured in the top percentiles during my sonos. 
We are getting anxious!  I have A LOT on my to do list that I haven't started on, which puts a little pressure on me for the next 9 weeks.  But I work best under a deadline, so I'm not worried!  This baby is sweet, I can tell already! Can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute!!! Looking SO amazing, Lisa! You are good at this pregnancy thing... :)

    ReplyDelete