Could he look any older in this picture?!
I'm not one of those moms who "can't believe" that my child is going to Kindergarten. It's been 5 years... It makes sense! I can't honestly say that it's gone by that fast either. So much has happened to our family in five years that it also seems to make complete sense that it's time he go. But all of a sudden I feel like I'm running out of time. I feel like I rushed through the summer just trying to make it through, and now it's almost over and I haven't actually spent any quality time with him. We have spent plenty of time together. 8 LONG WEEKS together before he started camp. And it was everything I could do to survive until we put them to bed. But there was no quality to our time together. We played when I wasn't cleaning up, emptying the dishwasher, doing laundry, making lunch, getting them a snack, holding Ryane, feeding Ryane and putting Ryane down for a nap. How much time is actually left after all of those things are done? Hardly any. I'm feeling pretty guilty and sad because sitting here thinking about my Boo Boo, I really miss him.
He was tough to take this summer. He was really whiny. He gave me a huge attitude when I asked him to do something. Like teenager huge. He fought with Cam constantly. Like every waking moment of the day.
But I'm missing him beyond all that attitude. He leaves for camp at 8 and he doesn't get home till 4:30 at the earliest. Once he's home, it's not long before dinner, baths and bed. I don't see him!
I miss hearing him mutter a word that baffles me that he used in a sentence (like delicate, the other day). And when I repeat the word, he smiles like he knows how cool that was!
I miss hearing his never ending sentence about school when I simply ask what he did that day, and the look on his face when he sees me smiling at him.
I miss him being helpful and going to the pantry to get Cam a snack while I'm in the shower, and the look on his face when I tell him how helpful he is.
I miss him going to get Ryane a toy to make her feel better, and the look on his face when I tell him what a good brother he is.
I miss him practicing his writing, and the look on his face when I tell him how smart he is.
I miss how clever he is, and the look on his face when I tell him how funny I think he is.
At the Sneak Peek, Nic said that Kaden met the principal and then left with a teacher. He was a little shy but didn't show hesitation in going with her and even answered her question about the spelling of his name. I'm so proud of him and the funny, smart, kind, helpful and sweet boy he is!



No comments:
Post a Comment