Ryane had her 9 month checkup today and all is well. No shots, no concerns.
20 pounds, 7 ounces - 80th percentile
28 1/2 inches- 80th percentile
Ryane's wearing
size 4 diapers during the day and the night. She still fits into 6-9 clothes but they are getting a bit short. 6-12
month clothes fit much better.
She generally goes to bed between 6-6:30 and
sleeps for about 11-12 hours. For the past couple of weeks she has been waking up to eat around 4. It seems like she does this every few months so I'm just going with it!
Ryane still sings and imitates noises. She thinks it's pretty cute, too.
Ryane is talking! She has said:
up
ball
baby
bye bye
ball
baby
bye bye
eat
Pop
Papa
Dada
Mama
all done (ah-da)
more (the word more hasn't actually come out, but she smacked her lips together like she was trying to do what I was doing)
muuuuuah (when she's kissing herself in the mirror)
more (the word more hasn't actually come out, but she smacked her lips together like she was trying to do what I was doing)
muuuuuah (when she's kissing herself in the mirror)
She also babbles and yells a lot. And loudly.
Ryane still has only 2
bottom teeth but she constantly has her fingers or a toy in her
mouth.
As far as motor skills go, what a difference a month makes. Ryane can:
army crawl quickly
go from sitting to all fours
go from all fours to sitting
go from belly to up on all fours
crawl on all fours short distances
pull herself from sitting onto her knees
pull herself up to standing (although she mostly goes to her knees)
She sleeps on her side or her belly. She sleeps holding on to Lucy. Sometimes she sleeps with her tush up in the air.
Ryane belly laughs when she's getting tickled or thrown up in the air. She laughs at her brothers but she's been diggin' Cam more lately.
Ryane has been eating pureed veggies or fruits once a day. She eats pretty well although the most she has ever had in one sitting is half of a container.
Ryane loves books and her favorite is B is for Bear (a touch and feel book). After I read the first page, she looks up at me and smiles.
She loves seeing herself in a mirror and when it's a hand-held mirror, she always kisses herself!
Ryane puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and has an affinity for paper (Cam did also at this age). If there is a tiny scrap of paper on the floor, she finds it.
Ryane doesn't mind going to anyone including people she doesn't know. At our checkup the other day, she went right to the receptionist hung out with her for a bit while I filled out some paperwork. She does look around to make sure I'm nearby though!
Ryane has gotten pretty used to our daily drive to pick up Cam. She loves when he gets in the car and stares at him most of the ride home. On the way to pick him up, she lays her head to the side and sucks her fingers loudly.
Ryane doesn't like to be put down and left alone. As soon as I put her down with her toys and start to walk off, she cries. She loves when her brothers play with her, too.
She loves seeing herself in a mirror and when it's a hand-held mirror, she always kisses herself!
Ryane puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and has an affinity for paper (Cam did also at this age). If there is a tiny scrap of paper on the floor, she finds it.
Ryane doesn't mind going to anyone including people she doesn't know. At our checkup the other day, she went right to the receptionist hung out with her for a bit while I filled out some paperwork. She does look around to make sure I'm nearby though!
Ryane has gotten pretty used to our daily drive to pick up Cam. She loves when he gets in the car and stares at him most of the ride home. On the way to pick him up, she lays her head to the side and sucks her fingers loudly.
Ryane doesn't like to be put down and left alone. As soon as I put her down with her toys and start to walk off, she cries. She loves when her brothers play with her, too.
Ryane, you are the sweetest and your light up my day. The last few months have flown by and I can't believe what a big girl you're becoming! I love you, my precious birdie!






Cuteness. It's probably a good thing I'm not around her because I'd squeeze her a lot!! And Lainey ate toilet paper for a LONG time (well, when we weren't around...). She loved it. !!!
ReplyDelete