Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day

I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.
 
I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see
 
I wonder if you are thinking of me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.
 
I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.
 
-author unknown
 


 He was so excited that he woke up around 5:45 this morning! He practically dragged me to his class and didn't hesitate to put his backpack and his snack away.  His teacher changed his seat from where it was on the orientation night but that didn't seem to bother him at all.  I gave him a hug and a kiss and then he went and sat down.  The teacher told him to circle the Ks on his worksheet and then to color it.  He got right to work and didn't look back.  So.Freaking.Proud. 
 
Boo Boo- you've grown up so much.  I couldn't be more proud of you today.  Enjoy every minute of Kindergarten, make new friends and practice being kind and brave.  I love you!
 

What can I say about this face!  He's too cute!  Nic took him this morning and said he was a little shy just waiting to adjust to his new class.  A friend texted me and said Cam was sitting in his cubby when she got there but as soon as he saw his best friend, Logan, he smiled and started playing. 
 
Beanie- I hope you have a great first day in the 3s!  You will learn so much this year and I can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment