I didn't think I'd get this emotional about Kaden going to Kindergarten, but as I pulled into the parking lot, I was definitely overwhelmed by a rush of memories.
I remember the nerves and anxiety I had walking into school... and I don't want him to ever have to feel that way. I hope he has gained the confidence in himself to walk in and be excited for what he will learn. I hope he has the confidence to make friends... good friends that he will have forever... that he can call when he's in his 30s saying that he can't believe he just registered his baby for kindergarten.
I hope he is kind and his friends and teachers think of Kaden when they think of someone who has a great heart. I hope he makes a good impression. I hope he likes his teacher as much as she likes him. I hope he learns a lot, grows a lot and makes the best choices. I hope he's safe. I hope he feels safe. And I hope he knows that I'll be thinking about him every minute he's at school. And that I love him. And that I can't wait for him to come home so that I can tell him.
I think back to when Nic and I were looking into preschools and trying to pick the one that felt right in our hearts. I think back to sending him on his first day and hearing him cry as I left the classroom, with him in Miss Vicky's arms. That seems like yesterday in some ways, and ages ago in others. I had to completely trust that he would be okay there, without me. And I suppose I have to do that again. And trust the school and his teachers will love him, and teach him, and keep him safe. And trust him, that he will be kind, and make friends, and make the best choices. I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that today. But hopefully by August 26th, I'll be ready.
I love you, Boo Boo. You are registered for Kindergarten!


No comments:
Post a Comment