Thursday, April 18, 2013

5 months

It seems like when you document something about your baby, it changes!

Ryane is a growing girl.  I'm not sure her exact weight or length but she's tall.  Everyone that comments about her either say, "She's 5 months?" or they call her a big girl :)
 
Ryane's in size 3 diapers. She fits great into either 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes. 

Ryane's naps are still hit or miss but the days that she takes a good morning nap (1.5 to 2 hours), she will generally take another good nap later in the day and then 2 shorter naps in the afternoon.  We are still putting her down 4 times a day for naps because she still gets tired after being awake for about 1.5 hours. Some days, she can stretch to 2 hours, but I'm trying not to stretch her too long because I don't want her to get over-tired.

In the last few weeks, something happened at night and now Ryane wakes up around 4 or 4:30 TO EAT!!  It looks like this can happen, mostly to breastfed babies, because they are so distracted during the day when they eat, they are actually hungry in the night.  She is definitely distracted during the day and unless I'm feeding her in a quiet, dark room, she is likely to not eat well. 

As far as swaddling goes, I couldn't tell what she needed! She immediately broke out of the swaddle with her left arm every time. She slept okay like that for a while and then broke free with the other arm. Once that happened she was waking up and I had to reswaddle. So... To buy a heavy duty swaddle blanket or to leave unswaddled?? I tried unswaddled first and she's doing great! She can even put herself back to sleep if she wakes during the night (NOT when she's hungry, of course).

 Ryane continues to laugh out loud more often and thinks things we do are funny.  I LOVE hearing that silly belly laugh!

Ryane's not taking a bottle, but I began a sippy cup trial.  She likes sitting upright and drinking cold milk from the sippy.  She still plays with the top in her mouth, but she is not fussing like she does with the bottle.  She does fuss when I try to lay her back to eat.  ...Learn as you go.... 

She doesn't hate the car as much anymore. Sometimes she fusses when I put her in her car seat, but she usually stops fussing once we get going.  Several times in the last few weeks she has actually fallen asleep! 
She still loves her jumper.  It's so funny to see both of her feet clear the ground when she jumps.  She even started jumping up and down when she is standing in my lap.  She can roll both directions and is even squirming to move around when she is on her tummy.  Her balance in sitting is getting better- but sometimes it seems like she is closer to crawling than sitting!! Slow down, girlie! 

Sigh, Ryane is officially in her room.  Her 5 month birthday was the last night she stayed in the cradle in our room.  To be honest, she probably would have stayed longer if it weren't for her size.  She was getting way to big for the cradle and when she'd kick her legs, it sounded as if the whole thing were going to fall over.  I loved having her next to me in our room, but it was time for her to go upstairs.  Her room is so beautiful and she deserves to enjoy it!  I will post some nursery pictures soon... I'm obsessed with her room!

Ryane has several nick-names, but mostly we call her Birdie.  She is always perched on my arm and it seemed very fitting.  Also, we have a Boo and a Bean and now a Birdie... She also is known as Bird, Ry, Ry-Ry, Lovie, or Missy.

Sweet as they come!  Love this 5 month old girl!

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment