Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kindergarten Meet the Teacher

I keep saying that I'm so ready for my kids to go back to school. The last two weeks have been difficult having everyone home and being too hot to be outside. Not to mention the little kids need to nap and Kaden and Cam are bored stuck at home. 

Tonight was Meet the Teacher and Kindergarten orientation. I feel like I haven't even had a chance to process the fact that Cam is going to kindergarten. I haven't had time to think about all the changes he will be going through next week. Cam isn't the best with changes and I worry a lot about him being able to handle things on his own. 

I didn't see this coming but I got completely choked up at Kindergarten Meet the Teacher. We walked into the class and I could barely speak because of the lump in my throat. All of a sudden Cam grew up. Just like that. He was brave and talked to his teacher as he held my hand. We looked around the class pointing out similarities between his new class and his preschool class. I just kept looking at my big boy hoping that he was doing well with this big change. I'm proud of how he did! 

His teacher is so sweet and she will be a great match for Cam's shy personality. His friend Walker is in his class and sits right across the table from him! I can tell that he will have a great year. 




I love you, Cam! I'm so excited for you- you're going to love kindergarten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment