Monday, April 23, 2012

Two








Happy 2nd Birthday to my Bean!  Cam turned 2 on the 14th.  We were blessed to have so many people from out of town come in for his party (and Eric and Sara's wedding shower!).  My Grandparents  came in from California, my Dad, Pam, Grammie, Marla, Auntie Jane and Uncle Mike came in from Omaha, and my brother Dan and his family came in from Austin.  My Mom, Paul, Eric, Sara, Bill and Robin were also here for the party! Cam is one loved little boy. 

We had a fiesta with fajitas, Thomas the Train cupcakes and lots of great presents.  Cam had a blast and he actually did pretty well with staying focused on opening the gifts.  He is funny with the cake- I'm not sure if he doesn't like the actual cake part or if he doesn't want to get his hands dirty but he only licked the icing off the top of his cake.  He and Thomas (cake topper) have been inseparable and Cam even takes him to bed with him. 

Cam had his 2 year check up and DIDN'T NEED ANY SHOTS!  Bonus!  His stats at 2 are:
Height: 36 inches (85th percentile)
Weight: 27 pounds, 10 ounces (45th percentile)
(Kaden was 36.5 inches and I can't remember how much he weighed but I think he was in the 65th percentile)

The only concerns I have for Cam at 2 are his speech and his tantrums.  The doctor didn't seem concerned with his speech considering that he is talking more and has more works each month.  My concern is that he talks like a caveman!  One word demands most of the time.  He certainly gets his point across but he's not very conversational.  It's something that we'll continue to work with him on and hope that he catches on.  He does say 2-3 word sentences but prefers to speak like a baby caveman.  He gets what he wants that way!  I talked to the doctor about how Cam can go from happy to miserable quickly when things don't go perfectly well.  He assured me tantrums are a normal way for a toddler to release energy (he compared it to an adult who goes to the gym to blow off steam) and that personalities like his, while as toddlers can be hard to handle, as adults can actually be good traits to have (determination, not giving up, good problem solvers-hmmm I hear Daddy in all of that!). 

My favorite thing Cam says now is "Hi, I Dora and I Boots!" He says it in a very squeaky, cute voice.  I have to cue him by saying the Hi & and, but he says the rest of it... Pretty funny.

Here are a couple of sweet pictures from last week at school:
His school birthday celebration

Cute guy on the playground

We love you, Cam!  Happy Birthday and many, many more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment