Monday, January 30, 2012

Sick kids

We've been sick.

Ugh.

Beginning of the week last week Kaden got a cough.  Then Cam got a cough.  Then Cam got a high fever. Then Cam went to the doctor and got put on a nebulizer over the weekend.  Then Kaden went to the doctor and got an antibiotic for a double ear infection.  Then Cam went to the doctor and got an antibiotic for an ear infection.

Whew.  In case you are keeping track, that's a lot of co-pays!

But I think we are on the mend.  Cam's lungs sounded better today and we don't have to do the nebulizer anymore.  Kaden isn't complaining of ear pain as much today.  Our counter looks like a pharmacy.

But here are a few pictures of my sick babies:

This is how I knew he really wasn't feeling well.... he fell asleep on me while I was singing Wheels on the Bus.  Cam hasn't fallen asleep on me (except when he had a stomach bug) since he was 13 months old!
 Not happy with a nebulizer treatment at the doctor's office
 Kaden feeling a bit better, helping Daddy in the yard
 Cam feeling a bit better, at the park this morning
And here's a video I took of Cam in response to my mom's text, "How is Cam feeling?"

On another note, I found this blog, Momastery, not too long ago after reading one of her articles on a website.  I'm now in love with this woman for so many reasons.  But the main reason is that she makes me feel like a normal mom.  She makes me feel like the thoughts and feelings I have about my children and about my life are normal- and that other moms out there feel that way, too.  It's reassuring.  I cry every time I read something she writes.  I wish I had the courage to write like she does.  I wish I had the time to write like she does!  It's as if she has taken every thought in my head and written it more eloquently on paper.  Please read her blog, follow her on Facebook- she is incredible!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yuck!! Walker has a terrible cough right now... :( UGH. And I'm sorry, but the video made me laugh. You know I'vm there with you!! Hope everyone will STAY well for a while. This weather is too nice for such yuckiness!

    ReplyDelete