Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kaden



I realized after reading a friend's blog, I haven't posted anything on Kaden lately.  This is not anything new, but Kaden doesn't stop talking.  Most days it's a make-you-want-to-jump-out-of-the-car sweet conversation .  He still asks a ton of questions but mostly, he just talks. And talks.  Some of our conversations lately have been:

K: That guy is not a good guy, right, Mommy?
Me: Who? Why?
K:  That guy in that car has one of the fire things (cigarette).  Is he going to die?

K:  I love you so much, Mommy.  I love you to Grandpa's house [Omaha], then to 'tucky [Kentucky] and then to Leah's house [KC]

K:  Cam you are 'scusting (disgusting)

K:  OH!  The guy from my apartment works at this Chic-Fil-A!
Me:  Oh really?  Which one is he?
K: He doesn't work on the weekends.  He only works on the days that I go to school.

K: A hedgehog has sharp hedge and puts eggs on his hedge to keep him warm.  (At this point he gives me a little grin, which I think means he has made part of that up, but I'm not certain about that egg part).  A hedgehog is nocturnal.  That means that he stays awake at night time.
Me:  Why are we talking about hedgehogs?  Do you have one at school?
K: Yeah, there is one in the closet between Janie and Gayle's room and Jessi and Zahida's room
Me:  Is it alive?
K: What's alive mean?
After I explain alive, he says: No, he looks like this (claws out and scary teeth shot)

K: I want to say hi to God.  Hi God!

K: Hi God.  Can you tell Max that I love him and miss him?

Grandpa:  Kaden, you are pretty smart!
K: Yeah, and I have a good memory, too!

K: I am right, and you are wrong.

K: Thanks, ma'am!  Is it ma'am or sir?

K: We were waiting for the monorail and suddenly it stopped working! 

K:  Actually, that's not right.

K: That's not the deal.  That's not what I'm telling you.

K:  I have plenty of people at my apartment.  I don't need anymore.  I have Johnny, and I bring Cam with me, and I bring anything I want.  I have 25 people there so I don't need anymore.

K: Stop talking, I'm trying to concentrate!



Other bits of info on my almost-4-year-old:

Kaden is in the process of learning his alphabet although he does know quite a few.  He knows all the first letters of the kids in his class and the sound they make (A,B,C,D,H,J,K,L,M,O,R,S,Z). If shown any of kids' names, he can say which name it spells.  I'm impressed by that!

I think Kaden is more of an auditory processor and I think learning letters and numbers (and colors a couple of years ago) is difficult because it's more of a visual thing.  He's getting it but I think it doesn't come as easy to him as it does to other kids. 

Kaden can now (finally) ride his big boy bike!  Before he had trouble because he would push back on the pedal and the bike would stop (which he was not used to on his tricycle).  I don't think he was strong enough to get it started again and he would get frustrated.  But he's got it now and loves to play outside and ride his bike around).

Kaden is pretty self-sufficient.  He dresses himself every morning.  He can get his own snacks.  He plays upstairs by himself or with Cam.  He can reach his milk in the refrigerator.  He gets Slone for Cam even before we ask him to!  Some days I'm surprised when I come downstairs from getting Cam, he has gotten a snack and his milk and is sitting at the table!  Some days he even brings his bowl to the sink and rinses it out.

 Kaden can be a good big brother, but for the most part, he loves to get under Cam's skin.  He knows what upsets him and loves to push his buttons.  Kaden can be sweet and likes invite Cam upstairs to play with the Choo Choos. They play together for a short period of time before Cam comes downstairs crying.... every time.

Kaden really understands Cam. Some days when we are driving and I'm trying to figure out what Cam said, Kaden will answer him or tell me what he wants.

Kaden is actually pretty good out math and enjoys it!  He always wants us to ask him math problems, like what is 4 plus 5.  He puts 4 on one hand and 5 on the other and counts them up! 

He has gotten pretty brave when it comes to physical activities.  For example- at a Pump-It-Up birthday party, he went through all the obstacle courses, slides and did all the crazy climbing courses without any tears.  And that's where he wants to have his birthday party!  That's a big change from a year ago.

Kaden loves school and we just had conferences last week with his teachers.  They say how kind-hearted he is and how he gets along with everyone in his class.  They told a few funny stories about how he and another girl, Mia, are very lovey toward each other and that Kaden will lay his head in her lap and she will stroke his hair!  Also, they will move their carpet squares next to each other when the teachers aren't looking.  His teacher also talked about the intellectual-type conversations he has with two other boys in the class when they are working on projects or puzzles together.  Pretty funny.  His goal for the rest of the year is to answer questions appropriately and to think about his answer before he says it aloud!  (Definitely something he needs to work on!!)

He's a sweet kid.  Super funny and has the sweetest heart.  I love you, Boo!




No comments:

Post a Comment