Thursday, November 17, 2011

19 months old

Cam's 19 month update is a few days late, oops.  Time is flying fast and I can't believe this little bean is over 1 1/2 years old.  He's a handful... a complete handful.  But his cuteness almost makes up for it!  At 19 months, Cam:

-Still naps in the afternoon but has had a hard time falling asleep lately.  Something happens when his head hits the mattress that winds this kid up.  Many days he still takes around a 2-3 hour nap but we have to wake him up around 5 so he can go to bed on time!
-Throws Slone over the edge of the crib after being up there for a little while, which means I have to go up there and get him.  Usually he asks me to rock him in the chair before I leave.

-Still wears size 4 diapers - skinny little mini.
-Can wear 18-24 month tops and bottoms but has worn a few 2T long-sleeved tops that we have from Kaden
-Still has 12 teeth but the canine teeth are bothering him a lot lately.  I think I can see one of them that is close to cutting through.
-Throws TANTRUMS.  Like the throw yourself down on the ground, hit your head, screaming, kicking tantrum.  Kaden never did that.  The sad thing is, nothing makes him happy when he is like that.
-Has several new words including: Slone (not a new word but it sounds more like Slone now... So or Sone), water (wawa), outside (ow-sy), oatmeal (oh-meeee),  Gymbo (the clown at gymboree), grandpa (gahpa), happy (ah-pee)
-He also has started 2 word phrases such as: In there, I do, Dada mower, one more, choo choo up, up please, hold me (or something that resembles hold me), clean up
-Does EVERYTHING Kaden does. 
-Pretends to be riding in a train, mostly with Kaden.  But he sits down says ch ch ch, choo choo and waves
-Loves to be thrown around, swung around, hang upside, etc.  "Ah-gah" for again.
-Likes to be helpful and put things away, especially for Miss Cynthia at Mommy and Me
-Jumps quickly into his riding car in the garage as soon as we get home.  As he starts to get out and I walk into the garage to get him, he jumps back in and shuts the door behind him.  It's a good while before he comes inside.
-Likes to be a little helper and loves when you call him a helper
-Loves to read books.  His favorites are any books with Thomas the Train or trucks.
-Can sing along to Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald and Happy Birthday
-Loves playing at daycare
-Is starting to interact with kids his age!!!  This week at Gymboree he was actually playing with other kids- copying them, trying to get them to copy him and laughing with them.  Cutest. Thing. Ever.
-Still rear-facing in the car.  Can we make it 5 more months??
-Arches his back and stands up when I try to put him in the car seat, almost every time. 
-Has one more week of Mommy and Me before he starts school 2 days per week.  He met his teachers, Lori and Ashley which went really well.  He held one of their hands while walking in the hall and then listened when they told him to put his tushy on the wall so they could count all the kids.
-Knows his school routine well.  He goes into the bathroom when they sing about washing hands.  He goes immediately to the table for a snack after that.  Then he likes to sit by Miss Cynthia for story time.  He is the first one to line up when I tell him it's time for music.  He walks down the hall like a big kid!
-Is a flirt
-Likes to watch the Wiggles DVD we have.  He usually brings it to me, goes and opens the DVD player and turns on the TV.
-Loves to do art projects, especially color and paint. 
-Will finger paint but doesn't like the paint on his hands for very long
-Blows a kiss to anyone when you tell him to say thank you
-Is having a hard time from the minute he wakes up from nap until bed time.  He's not happy.  He is actually pretty miserable.   But, considering he was miserable all day not too long ago, I guess I will try to deal with this as best as I can!
-He rarely eats an afternoon snack (mostly because he is acting so miserably and crying).  We are working on getting him to eat dinner but it's like pulling teeth.  The past 3 days have been slightly better.  He is eating sitting in my chair and he doesn't eat much.  I am worried... but I'm trying not to be worried.
-Still wants to brush his teeth all day.  He asks by putting his finger in his mouth and saying "eeee eee."

Did I give his 18 month stats?  I don't think I did.
Weight: 24.25 pounds, 30th percentile
Height: 33 1/2 inches, 75th percentile

Man, this is a tough kid!  I feel like I should know him better by now.  I feel like he should be happier!  I am working my tail off to make him happy and some days I feel like I've come up short.

He's sun and rain; he's fire and ice... A little crazy but it's nice....




Love you, big stinker.  Couldn't imagine a day without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment