...But he hasn't... And he is much more stubborn than he was!
I think if Cam could tell us exactly what he is thinking, he would say, "I can do it all by myself." This child doesn't want help with ANYTHING! He no longer eats anything that you have to feed him (yogurt, for example) and wants to hold the spoon, scoop it and feed himself. Good, I guess, but very messy.
He now doesn't want to be carried down the stairs. He doesn't even want to hold my hand while walking down the stairs! He holds the rail and slowly walks down each step and will grab my hand if he really needs it.
He also wants to figure things out himself and if you try to show him, he makes a terrible noise! However, if you ask if he wants help, he will say "elp" and let you show him.
And now he wants to pick out his own snack! If you put a snack in the snack trap without first asking him, he cries and throws it! But if you take him into the pantry, pick him up, he will point to what he wants and then happily eat it!
Cam isn't so happy riding in a grocery cart anymore... he now wants out! This is not as easy as it sounds since he loves to destroy whatever is around.
Have I mentioned he's happiest when he's getting into something he's not supposed to be getting into??
So, I guess it is all a matter of learning as we go. I feel like we have quite figured Cam out yet, but we are getting closer :)
Cam has a few new words now he is using on his own:
Ball "bah"
Help "elp"
Again "dah" or "ah dah"
Duck "duck"


No comments:
Post a Comment