Ever since Cam started walking, he has been talking more and more. I was truly worried at first because he seemed to have declined in that area. He was signing and saying a few words and then it absolutely stopped... and he was making no attempt at communicating in any way. He was literally only screaming and crying, and getting more mad when you would show him signs or tell him the words.
I had looked back at my trusty blog to see what Kaden was doing at 15 months (I know that I shouldn't compare, but who doesn't??!) and he had a lot of words under his belt that he was using appropriately and regularly! Poor Cam... it is hard to get a word in edgewise...
However, Cam has really made some good progress in speech in the last few weeks. Here are the words he has used independently (not when asked to do it) and appropriately:
mama
dada (usually says in a whisper for some reason)
up (uses this word when asking to get up on something, to be held, to open something and if he needs help)
hi (iiiiigh)
that (dat, usually pointing at something)
this (dis, usually pointing at something)
hat
uh-oh (uh....long pause....and sometimes he adds the oh)
book (bup)
Roxy (Rox)
Uncle Eric (Ooo Ooo)
Pop
Papa
Fish (ish or ishy)
He is also able to tell you some animals sounds such as:
elephant
cat (owww)
dog (woof)
And with repeating:
monkey (ooo ooo)
fish (makes a fishy face)
lion/tiger (aaahr)
I'm proud of my little booger. He's SUCH a stinker, but I'm glad he is finally able to tell us what he wants! We go to the doctor on Friday to see how he's doing at 15 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment