Thursday, July 22, 2010

Make that SIX

I was just yesterday writing about those things we dread...

Yesterday Nic and I decided to convert Kaden's bed to a toddler bed. He was not crawling out of his crib; although he could if he wasn't scared to do it. For the past 6 weeks Kaden has woken up SCREAMING from his naps and from bed time in the morning. SCREAMING for mommy and daddy to come "get you, bring Kaden downstairs." At first it scared us because we thought something was wrong. After rushing upstairs, we realized that everything was fine, but had no idea what caused him to get so upset. This has been going on now for awhile and his bed time and naps have gotten a lot shorter. I think he's quite possibly exhausted. I know we are.

Kaden is very vocal... there is nothing that he can't figure out how to say... but for some reason he will not tell us why he's crying or what's making him so upset. I thought it was just a stage and it would pass... I tried setting an alarm clock, putting toys in his crib, telling him nap/bed time wasn't over yet... Nothing is making him wake up happy.

Nic thought maybe he felt trapped in his crib and if he could get out and play when he woke up, he'd be happier. We tried it and last night he slept in his converted toddler bed. He didn't get out all night. He woke up at 6 a.m. (this is the typical screaming time) screaming again... He finally got out of his crib about 30 minutes later but did not play with anything in his room, didn't read a book, didn't put on a CD. He just cried for us. I'm throwing in the towel... I have no clue what's wrong. But I do know that this 6 a.m. and shortened naps is making me CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment