I LOVE his name and to me, he's an Avery. But the name kind of came out of nowhere!
Here's the story:
Honestly, for 9 months I had no clue what I wanted to name him. There was not one, single name that I loved enough to name him at the beginning. After months of referring to him as "the baby," he was just The Baby to me. I figured out with about a week left of my pregnancy that I was going to have to see him and meet him to come up with a name. Nic and I narrowed it down to 3 names we liked: Kohen, Carsen, and Ashton. We also decided we liked Thomas and Andrew as middle names (this also goes along with our trendy first name and traditional middle name theme, like the other 3 kids). With two days to go, I added Avery in to the mix. It was a name that I liked at one point during the pregnancy, but didn't know if I could name him that just because it has become more of girl name. Also, with a girl named Ryane, I wasn't sure that I could name a boy Avery!
So, the baby was born... Nic immediately said, "I think he's a Kohen."
That was my name from the beginning! But Nic was dead set on Knox (that's what we were going to name Ryane if she was a boy) and made me think he didn't really like Kohen. So I got over it and never really loved the name again after that.
Later that night, Nic was holding him and I said, "Carsen?" He said, "Yes, he is definitely a Carsen." I texted my mom and told her that we were probably going to name him Carsen but we were going to sleep on it and decide if we still liked it in the morning.
In the morning, Nic was holding him again and I said, "Can you talk to him like his name is Carsen?" (Yes, I realize this is crazy!) Nic did and then looked up.... he wasn't Carsen. I said "Avery?" and I it was at that point that he really was Avery. He has a sweet face and personality to match. A sweet little Avery angel. So that was it! I sent out this picture to our family and later posted it on facebook .
The phone rang not too long after that and we confirmed it with the people from the birth announcement department. And now we can cross that off our list of things to do! :)
Avery Thomas Miller- we love you! I'm so glad that we met you before we decided on your name. I love your story and I'm in love with your name!






No comments:
Post a Comment