Monday, November 25, 2013

One year

Our 1 year checkup went well and the doctor was really impressed with Ryane's speech!

Weight: 22 lbs 3 oz (70%) 
Length: 30 inches (75%)

All three kids were within 1 inch and half a pound of each other at this age!

Ryane wears size 4 diaper. She wears 12-18 month clothes but could wear 18-24 month leggings.

Ryane goes down for 2 naps a day around 9 or 9:30 and again at 1:30 or 2. She generally sleeps 1.5 hours in the morning but she's been fighting her afternoon nap for a few weeks. I need to cut her morning nap shorter and see what happens. 


She goes to bed around 6:30-7 and sleeps for about 11-12 hours. Some nights she doesn't wake till morning. Some nights she wakes and puts herself back to sleep  Some nights she can't go back to sleep without me or Nic. 

Ryane plays more in bed than she used to. 


Ryane starts pointing and saying fish as we are walking in to get Cam and ignores anyone that may get in our way. She also has a favorite fish and loves to point her finger at him. 

Ryane has a few new words:
*uh oh
*nigh nigh (night night)
*da (dance)
*grandpa- I can't really think of how she says it- buhpa or guhpa
*muh (Mimi)
*eyes
*ba (bath) and does the sign.  She does this after she's finished with dinner every night.


When asked, Ryane tells you what a pig says (she snorts).

Ryane has a pretty signature dance move and will break it down whenever asked.

She signs and says "more" much more often than last month. She still likes to scream when she wants more food.

Food. Whew. That girl can EAT. I've got some issues with choking and Ryane was a a gagger/choker. So to save us all some trouble, I decided just to stick with pureed foods and melty foods. But then she started getting bigger and I felt a little bad that I wasn't giving her table foods so I started! And she is a professional eater. Scrambled eggs, toast, bananas, lunch meat, cheese, sweet potatoes, carrots, edamame, spinach patties, berries, milk out of a straw... In her tummy.

I am still nursing but have cut down to three times a day. I will soon drop the afternoon feeding and just feed her first thing in the morning and before bed. I'm hoping to nurse her till she's around 14 months (same amount of time as Cam).

Ryane
*crawls always on her hands and knees
*pulls herself to standing on anything
*cruises along and between furniture
*goes from standing to kneeling and back up easily
*can climb the stairs quickly
*will NOT attempt to stand unassisted (neither did her brothers) and appears to have no confidence in herself in this skill... even though she's done it when she's not paying attention!
*will try to walk holding on to our hands
*will walk several steps holding on to a rolling toy
  
Ryane still plays a lot with Cam. And he's actually really good with her.

Ryane loves to craw into the bathroom and rip the toilet paper into tiny little pieces.


Ryane still prefers for me to hold her when she's not playing. I don't mind most of the time, but she's pretty heavy!

She gives the boys a hug.  When they are laying or sitting on the floor, she crawls up to them and puts her head on them. She does the same thing to the cat.


Ryane still lies her head on our shoulders. I can't get enough of that.

She loves balloons and I think she also loves the word balloon. During her birthday she would point at them and when I would say "balloon" she would start laughing.

When I call Roxy or if Roxy barks, scratches at the door, etc, Ryane whistles!

She goes room to room looking for me when she can't find me.

Ryane crawls around about 90% of the day holding something in her hand.

She does not like her hair bows anymore!  Her hair is getting close to putting a clip in!


 
 This year, Miss Ryane Cate, has been one of the brightest of my life.  Thank you for being the sweetest little girl we could ever ask for!  Happy First Year, and many, many more.

 12 month comparison shot.  I now think she is a combination of her brothers.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment