Thursday, July 11, 2013

Omaha

We had a wonderful family trip to Omaha this year.  I was nervous about the car ride, but the kids did great!  The boys were entertained by movies and Ryane hung in there like a champ (the way back was much more rough for her).  We drove to Kansas City to see my friend Leah and her 4 week old twin cuties.  The next afternoon we drove to Omaha and stayed there for a week.  The weather was perfect for everything we did- swimming, going to the zoo, sitting out on the deck... and the boys had a fabulous time playing with Grandma and Grandpa.  After 7 weeks of the 3 kids and me together... they needed a break from me almost as much as I needed one from them!
hanging at the hotel
 

 Ryane and Gigi
 
 Ryane and her cousin Harper
 
 Storm Chasers (AAA team)
 
 Yum!
 
 
 Sparklers on the 4th!
 
 Cam liked it... Kaden, not so much
 
 Grandma and Grandpa with the kids
 
 Cutie Ry in her 4th of July outfit Mimi made!
 My lovie
 

 
Cam and Kaden were little fish on the 4th.  Kaden stayed in the water for 5 straight hours!  He didn't stop diving, jumping, swimming and exploring under the water.  It was super impressive.  Cam got out for snacks... other than that he was swimming really well.  G-pa tugged Cam around the pool for awhile too, which was the cutest thing ever.  It's very sentimental for me to see my kids having fun and playing in the same pool I did at their ages.  4 generations of our family have enjoyed this pool!
 
 Besties! I've known Kate all my life.  Love her and her sweet family.

 Eric and I went to visit our Grandma who now lives in a Memory Care Unit. Very hard to get her to smile!
Ry at my favorite place at my Dad's house!
 
The zoo!!!!





 Grandpa and Cam hung out a lot.


 Cam made a lemur friend.
This picture cracks me up.  The gorilla started licking the glass right after I took the picture.
Little monkey
 
 
We had such a great time, we can't wait to go back!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Love how happy Ryane always seems to be!!! :) Cutie kids and family!

    ReplyDelete