Saturday, May 18, 2013

Half birthday girl

My birdie turned 6 months! I hate how quickly time goes.... Hate it!!

Weight 18 lbs, 12 ounces (95th percentile)
Length 27 1/4 inches (95th percentile)

Ryane's in size 3 diapers. She still fits great into either 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes.

Ryane's naps are still hit or miss but the days that she takes a good morning nap (1.5 to 2 hours), she will generally take another good nap later in the day and then 2 shorter naps in the afternoon. We are putting her down 3-4 times a day for naps.

Ryane is still waking up in the night to eat one time.  Lately it has been between 4-5:30.  I guess blogging about it at 5 months didn't help!

Ryane's not taking a bottle or a sippy cup! We will keep doing sippy cup trials so that she can take it when she turns 1.  But the boys never liked the sippy cup and went straight to straws.  May have to try that in the next few months!

She still loves her jumper and now she really likes the walker.  She can walk both forward and backwards in it.  Pretty amazing!
 
Ryane is teething but she has been a trooper.  She's pretty drooly and has her hands in her mouth a lot.  The doctor said he can feel the teeth but didn't think they were too close. 

She can sits up for several minutes at a time... sometimes. Sometimes she loses her balance pretty quickly.  On her belly she raises her chest really high and when I assist, she starts to pull her legs up under her.  She also tries to get back to her back- hopefully she will remember that soon because we are still having to flip the pancake for naps.  I feel bad.  I don't put her down much.  She's my baby and I love to hold her.  I usually put her in her jumper or exercauser when I have to get something done.  Not good for development... but good for nurturing :)

She sleeps on her side or her belly mostly now.  When she sleeps on her side she usually has her arm up on the bumper which scares the hell out of me, but it's pretty cute all at the same time. She sucks on her sleeve, sleepsack or bumper to put herself to sleep.  When she is tired, she wants nothing to do with rocking to sleep. She wants in her crib immediately and generally stops crying and falls asleep right away.

Ryane belly laughs mostly when she is tired.  Other than that she smiles a lot and laughs a little "ha!" when something is funny. 

Ryane is really starting to make a lot of different kinds of noises.  She likes to "ahhh" and says some "dada" or "gaga." She makes some tongue and lip noises too which crack her up (and the boys too).  She also started sniffing which cracks me up to see her little nose all scrunched up.

She started to really notice the cat, the dog and pictures of the boys.  Going up the stairs she always reaches out for the school picture of the boys together.  She smiles at it a lot, too.  She reaches out and grabs the cat- thankfully he is used to that and, I think, likes the attention.





Happy half birthday, sweet thing.  Ry Ry- you couldn't be sweeter!  Love, Love, LOVE you!!!




 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment