Monday, March 25, 2013

4 months





 
Ryane is doing well and had her 4 month old  check-up.

Weight: 16 pounds 14 ounces (>95th percentile)
Length: 25 1/2 inches (92nd percentile)

The day she got her shots was a rough day with a low grade temp.  She also refused to eat from 11:45 a.m. until 7:45 p.m. which scared me.  After she ate she was pretty much back to normal, thankfully. 

Ryane's naps are hit or miss right now but she is starting to catch on to a longer nap in the morning.  The last week or so she has taken a 1.5 hour nap first thing in the morning.  She generally takes another one or two 45 minute nap and then another longer one (2+ hours) depending on how tired she is.

Nights are still going great. A typical night consists of putting her to bed around 7:30 and she sleeping until between 6:30 and 7.  Last week she had two or three days in a row that she woke up at 4:45- must have been a little growth spurt. 

Ryane's in size 3 diapers. I am also squeezing her into 3-6 month clothes, but they don't really fit her at all.  I only have 6-9 month short sleeved outfits and once it gets warmer, I know she will fit well into those. 

She is starting to laugh more out loud but it's not a full out giggle. It's more of a squeal but it's darling! 

Ryane still WON'T take a bottle, but at this point I'm okay with it.  Thankfully my mom is nice enough to bring her up to my work on Wednesdays (THANK YOU, MOM!).  I'm confident that we will get through it!   

She hates the car.  Screams as soon as she sees her car seat.  Makes driving all the way to the boys' school a much longer trip than it already is.  This too, will pass (hopefully sooner than later).
 
Ryane loves her jumper and she actually jumps!  She has been rolling from belly to back more often and she is getting closer to rolling back to belly.  She loves, LOVES Kaden and would smile and chat with him all day.  In fact, when I need to get her to smile for a picture, I ask for Kaden's help and she smiles right away. 
Ryane had her baby naming on Saturday, March 16 (pictured in the white dress above). I was called up to the Torah and she was given her Hebrew name. A special prayer was also said for the well being of her and our family.  Her name in Hebrew is Roni Maya.  Roni means "my joy" and was named after my Great Aunt Rita.  Maya is named after my Great Aunt Margie.  
 
She really is a joy.  Truly loved...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment