Cam's a pretty different kid than he was last month as far as accomplishments go. As far as the whining, wanting Mommy, falling-to-the-floor craziness.... we are about the same.
At 22 months old, Cam-bone:
-Is still napping. Some days he falls asleep quickly, and some days it takes him awhile. Some days he is so wound up when I put him in the crib that I can't believe he hasn't jumped out.
-Has a rough afternoon after his nap most days and has no clue what in the world he wants to make him happy
-Still in size 4 diapers. I gotta get on this potty thing soon. He's not ready, either.
-Eats oatmeal for breakfast every day. Asks for oatmeal as soon as I go get him in the morning.
-Eats an okay lunch most days- especially on the days he has school.
-Can wear 24 month or 2T tops and 18 month or 24 month bottoms. 18 month bottoms are starting to look a little short.
-Now has 16 teeth- possible molars are coming. Hand in the mouth a lot lately.
-Answers yes no questions. So helpful.
-When he goes somewhere and I ask him a question about it he says, "ummmm, nooo?" For example if he was at Mimi's house and I ask, "Did you see Baxter," he will say, "ummm, nooo?"
-Love to look for certain things in certain books. With Barnyard Dance he will start looking through the pages and saying, "Froooog, are you?"
-Reads a lot of books. He can say the last word of almost every page of several books we read often. He reads entire pages sometimes, like in the book Waddle (one of those 3D books where the pictures move) he'll say "Penguin, slip-slide-swoop, slip-slide-swoop!"
-Knows exactly what he wants. He's not happy with just anything. For example if the boys want to watch a DVD, I'll ask which one. Kaden will say Dora and I'll tell Cam we are watching Dora, he'll say, "NO! Wiggles!" And he will cry if he doesn't get the one he wants.
-Plays upstairs with Kaden for 10-20 minutes until he starts crying. Once they played for 25 minutes and there was no crying. I went upstairs to see what was going on and the floor was completely covered in every toy they own.
-Still loves buses and trains. Gets a huge smile on his face when he sees a bus
-Loves his teachers. One day he saw Ashley down the hallway and yelled, "Ashleeeeeeeeeey" and started running up to her.
-Does great at Gymboree and likes to tell Miss Kathryn where he wants his Gymbo stamps. He is just about ready for the next level which they do more pretend play.
-Gives the kitty a kiss every morning when he wakes up. He says, "kiss" over and over until he's trapped the cat in the corner of the hallway. I think the cat secretly likes it because he's always upstairs waiting for him when I go get him in the morning.
-Is forward facing in the car. I caved. Got a new car and rear facing just doesn't work anymore. He's too big.
-Loves to finger paint
-Is tolerating dinner a little better. He will sit in the chair without crying. He will eat a little bit of something. That's 200 times less stressful than 2 months ago.
-Calls me Mommy and Nic Daddy. No more Mama and Dada... unless he's really upset. Then he usually says, "Mommy Mama Mommy Mama Mommy Mama" over and over until I pick him up.
-Talks a lot, and a bit more clearly this month. Says a lot of 2 word phrases and a few 3 word phrases. Some of our favorite phrases and words this month include: "Press it" "dip it" "applesauce" "up please" "milk please" "I got Slone" [see video below], "Love you, Daddy!"
-Had his first physical fight with Kaden. Kaden teased him, Cam pushed him, and they both ended up on the ground wrestling each other . Exciting times to come!
-Counts to 10! Well, he counted somethings in the fridge by saying "1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10" all by himself one day. If I count odd numbers, he can count even numbers to 10.
-Answers "blue" any time you ask him what color something is
-Can do puzzles by himself. He has a 8 piece peg puzzle that he can complete independently!
-Calls Slone "Slonie" almost every time
-Loves playing the guitar and loves to rock out to Fresh Beat Band
-When I strap him in the car, he says, "tight!" and points to his buckle
-When he asks me something and I explain the answer to him, he says, "Oh... okay."
-Can be redirected a bit easier than he used to
He's a cute, lovie bug. Happy 22 months!
Here's a video from a few weeks ago of how wound up he gets some days during nap time. Then, out of no where, he says, "I got Slone!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment