Friday, October 21, 2011

2 word phrase, dentist and funny conversations

Although my mom has said that she has heard Cam say all done, I think last night he said his first 2 word phrase!  Cam was sliding down the slide and I told him it was time for bath but he could slide one more time.  I made a big emphasis on "one more" and held up my index finger.  Cam slid down, looked at me, held up his index finger and said "one more" (wha moe) and went right back to the slide.  This happened over and over and Nic and I were cracking up.  What a funny little bugger.


Kaden had his 2nd dentist appointment today and I was a bit nervous because
1) I had Cam, aka The Monster, with us
2) The last dentist appointment went terribly and Kaden wouldn't even let them brush his teeth
3) I have no patience anymore

That little boy surprised me today.  After talking about the appointment and what all they would do to him, Kaden acted ready for the appointment.  Our dentist has the coolest waiting room ever, so the boys were immediately at ease playing with the train table and video games.  Video games! 

The first hygienist came over to introduce herself and immediately Kaden didn't want to talk to her or even look at her.  As patiently as I could, I whispered something to him along the lines of, "you better not do this again" and he started to warm up to her.  Like I said, I have no patience anymore!

She took him back, and the rest went PERFECTLY!  Kaden was so brave, letting them clean his teeth, count them and floss them.  He listened perfectly to everything they told him to do.  He answered their questions.  I was a proud mama!  Then they took him to get x-rays and the girl wasn't the most efficient x-rayer in the world, but he hung in there and did a great job.  The dentist looked at his teeth after that- I told her about Kaden's face plant into a metal pole and she looked at his teeth and said they look great.  Thank goodness.   What a cute, big boy sitting in that chair! 


Kaden has been asking some crazy questions lately, mostly about babies (good friend of ours just had a baby).
Kaden: "How does a baby come out of the mommy's tummy?"
Me:  "The doctor takes the baby out."
Kaden: "How does the doctor take the baby out?"
Me:  "Very carefully."
Whew.  He bought it for now!

Kaden: "When the baby is in the mommy's tummy, how does it ask for dessert?"

Crazy boys.  Love them to pieces!

1 comment:

  1. Love your comments about the dentist. I'm going to be experiencing that soon, too. I'll have Walker, and I'm very snappy these days with the older one who should know better and the younger one who should be understanding more...eek! Glad it went well! Cutie boys!!

    ReplyDelete