Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's Out for the Summer

Wowza. Kaden has been out of school for 2 weeks now! I think we are both eagerly waiting for camp to start at the beginning of July. In the meantime, we have been staying busy with some planned activities to the zoo, gymnastics, story times, puppet shows and the library. We are going to try some splash parks, Jump Street and maybe a movie or two in the upcoming weeks. I'm having a good time getting out of the house with both the boys, but it is really a lot of work. The doctor recommended that I put Cam down for a nap twice a day, but that doesn't work AT ALL with trying to get out of the house in the morning. So about 2 weeks ago, I cut out Cam's morning nap. He had been fighting his morning nap anyway and most days didn't fall asleep at all. By the time the afternoon nap comes around, he is READY. I have also been taking a few workout classes and leaving the boys in the day care. Cam LOVES it there with so much to do and play with. Kaden was hesitant, but that's just Kaden. He didn't cry, however; and has warmed up to the idea by now.

Kaden has actually been a good little boy lately. He went through a little spurt where I wasn't quite sure what he was trying to prove, but now he's been a sweet, polite and helpful little boy. He still cracks me up daily with the things he says:

Me: Kaden do you want to go on a wagon ride?
Kaden: No
Me: Well, what do you want to do?
Kaden: I want to hit this city (From Ke$ha, Tik-Tok, in case you were wondering)

Nic and I were teasing Kaden about dropping him off at Home Depot and having the "scary lady" who works there babysit him. Kaden said, "Don't Daddy, the lady at Home Depot freaks me out."

Kaden's been a great teacher to Cam. The other day they were standing looking out of the window together and Cam babbled something and pointed out the window. Kaden said, "yeah, Cam, that's the window!" They are starting to have FUN together... cracking each other up!

Cam. Cam, Cam, Cam. He had been a GROUCH all last week and I got worried that something wasn't right. Nic took him to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and, as bad as it sounds, I was praying for an ear infection to explain his mood. Well, I was praying for some kind of prescription that would fix his mood. Turns out, he's fine. No prescription needed. Just maybe some kind of weird attachment disorder to me. He is overly attached. He is completely fine around Nic... doesn't make a peep. And then when I get home, he cries, screams and fusses if I'm not holding him. It is sweet, but it's so hard to deal with every single day. New plan: quality time with Dad. I don't think Cam knows how fun Nic is yet. Hopefully he will learn... SOON!!

Along with the attachment stuff, Cam is eating poorly. It's worrying me to no end and I'm tired of hearing that he'll eat when he's hungry. I NEVER worried about Kaden eating and this is something completely new to me. He's picky about texture, and the things he was eating (yogurt, grilled cheese, etc) he's not eating anymore. Never a dull moment!

I think Cam finally lost the walking battle. He's been balanced, steady on his feet and able to take steps for almost 3 months now. Last week he stood on mulch, crouched down, picked it up and stood up over and over... I was thinking, seriously kid... if you can do that, you can certainly take a step!! But whenever we "made" him walk, he would get MAD! This week he has started walking from here to there on his own, no forcing and he's very proud of himself. He still is crawling quite a bit but hopefully in the next few weeks he'll realize he's a lot faster on his feet.

I quit nursing Cam last weekend. That last time is always hard for me, but we got through it. Tomorrow we'll use our last frozen bag of milk, which we've been putting in a sippy cup mixed with whole milk for the past couple of weeks. Almost 14months! I'm proud of myself for it honestly, and I'm so thankful to Nic being so supportive from day 1. I honestly couldn't have done it as long as I did without his encouragement and support. He's a good hubby :)

So between all the frustrations with Cam's eating and being attached, along with the emotions of finishing nursing and him finally walking, I'm honestly drained. I'd take a trip to the beach, any day now please!!!

Mommy/Cam snuggle time before bed. One of the rare times he has fallen asleep on me!

Buds

A trip to the zoo with Alyssa

Trouble

Menace

Snuggle time

Lately

Memorial Day at the pool

Our best attempt at a family picture

Chillin'

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so stinking cute! Cam cracks me up. He seems to have a strong will and a mind of his own...that will come in handy some day! Just maybe not when he's a toddler!!! I am so sorry about the eating issues. That just stinks. And I'm sure it's hard on you. I hope it gets better soon. Hope to see you guys soon - let's play sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete