The school year is wrapping up for Kaden and he will have 6 or 7 weeks of school until camp begins. Help!! I enjoy my time with the boys, but Kaden is definitely at an age that he needs to be doing something, and 6-7 weeks sounds like a long time with no definite activities planned. We had teacher conferences last week and it went very well. I loved hearing that Kaden loves to paint and do art projects. His self portrait was amazing. Too good for a 3 year old (in my opinion!)! They also told us a story of how, during their dinosaur unit, they gave the kids a picture of a bracheosaurus to paint. Typically the kids paint, and they have a picture they use to trace around the painting and cut it out (so it looks like what was supposed to be painted). His teachers said that Kaden painted his so well and that it looked so much like the example, they used his to trace around the other kids' paintings! I was definitely proud and would love if Kaden inherited some creative genes! Besides art, they told us that Kaden has grown up a lot this year, and has gotten more comfortable in class. They are not seeing the hesitation with him that they saw at the beginning of the year, which makes me so happy. That's the one reason we started him in school when we did!!
Here's a self portrait of Kaden that he drew in December:
And here's the self portrait he drew last month!! Look at the detail!
And here's his bracheosaurus:
We took the boys to the zoo a couple of weekends ago. Kaden pointed out a cheetah, a jaguar (which was actually an osolet, but close enough) and flamingos! Is it bad, as a parent, when you stop and say... where did he learn that??
Kaden has such a great sense of humor. He knows what to say to make you laugh and has hilarious jokes. He sings all day. He sings real songs, and he sings songs that he makes up. He has such a great imagination.
Kaden also has such a sweet heart. He cares so much for the people he loves and he is great about showing how he feels.
Cam is getting sweeter by the minute. He is babbling more than he used to and pointing at everything around him. He seems curious to know what things are. Cam has a good list of words by now, although he doesn't use them too often. He can and has said:
mama
dada
me (hand on his chest, saying eeee!)
all done (ah)
up
Pop
Papa
uh-oh
cheese (eese)
yogurt (signs yogurt and says something like blahlahlah... but we know he wants
yogurt :) )
slone- his baby seal (th)
woof
meow (more like a screetch)
the sound an elephant makes
Cam is STILL not walking on his own although he has been able to walk for close to 2 months. What I mean by that is he has taken up to 10 steps on his own (of course, when we make him, not voluntarily). He has lost and caught his balance mid-step, he has squatted down and stood back up on his own... but he's still not walking!! These boys of mine! What am I going to do with them!!!
Most days, Cam goes down for 2 naps, but only sleeps during one of them. The doctor said to continue to put him down for 2 naps and let him "rest" in his crib when he's not sleeping. We will continue to do this, but I imagine over the next few months we will drop his morning nap and just put him down in the afternoon. The reason I am putting this off is because without a morning nap, he will have to make it until 1:30 when we get home from getting Kaden from school. That's a LONG morning... so I'm trying to wait until he is a bit older and will tolerate it better.
Eating has gotten slightly better. He tests every single bite of food with his finger first before he puts it in his mouth. If he can squish it, he will throw it off his tray. I'm trying to make foods more crispy in hopes that he will eat them better. He still loves yogurt. He will eat grilled cheese, spinach patties, any kind of cracker, apple slices, cheese (only Kraft singles), bagel with cream cheese, cheerios or kix, pureed fruit and those squirty packets of pureed fruit/veggies mixed together. He has not been a good meat eater but we've gotten him to eat turkey meat balls and turkey hot dogs. So.... it's getting better. He is drinking milk out of a sippy cup with a straw. He gets a bottle of milk before his nap and I nurse him before bed. Within the next couple of weeks I imagine I will be done nursing. I'm sad to let go of it because it has been such a bonding time for the two of us. Now that he drinking milk better during meals, we will also drop the bottle before his nap and be done with bottles. Bittersweet. My baby is growing up!
Cam is definitely attached to a little white seal pup named Baby Slone. He now takes him to bed with him and holds him most of the day. He also loves Big Slone, but he hardly fits in the crib with Cam, so they mostly snuggle on the floor together.
Cam has some great fine motor skills. He has used a finger to thumb pinch for several months now and he's quite efficient picking things up, even small pegs on a puzzle. He pets Baby Slone this way too.
Cam loves to play Peek-a-boo and Patty cake; he waves bye, blows kisses, kisses Baby Slone and claps for himself. He knows where his head is, and I'm pretty sure he knows where my eyes and nose are... the finger in the eye and up the nostril give that away!
I love my boys. They are a great gift and I'm so proud to be their Mommy.


No comments:
Post a Comment