I wonder if every year on March 8th, I will think back to the day Kaden was born. How scared we were... How excited we were... That day changed my life in every way. I learned how to do things I never thought I'd do, and I learned how to love more than I ever thought I could. I am amazed at how rewarding parenting is. I am amazed at how little patience I have! There are days that I have never laughed so much in my life. Kaden has taught me a lot and I have been blessed these last 3 years to see him grow.
I thought that I could "interview" him to see how he'd answer every year on his birthday. He got a little tired of my questions and told me to "stop talking and asking me things."
1. What's your name?
Kaden Miller (sounds like Midder)
2. How old are you?
Holds up 3 fingers
3. When is your birthday
March 8th [eighf]
4. What is your favorite toy to play with?
Handy Candy [Manny]- not true, but he had just been playing with it
5. What's your favorite book?
George the Monkey [Curious George]
6. What's your favorite food?
Cereal
7. What's your favorite color?
Blue
8. Where's your favorite place to go?
Market Street
9. Why do you like to go there?
Cuz I love to buy things like ectarines [nectarines]
10. What do you like to do at school?
I like to run around outside
11. Who are your favorite friends at school?
Katie Rose and Lyssa [Alyssa]
12. What about Gunner?
And Gunner
13. Who do you like to come over and play?
Lyssa
14. What's your favorite song?
Any Turkey Can Tango- not true but he had just listened to it
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A costume
16. What's something Mommy says to you a lot?
No
17. What makes Mommy happy?
Laughing
18. What makes Mommy sad?
Knocking things over
19. What's Mommy really good at?
Exercising- not true but I had just come back from exercising
There are so many things I love about you, Kaden. You are kind and sweet, you are hilarious and you are so smart. I love when you ask me each night to "snuggle with me for this many minutes," holding up the number 5 on your hand. I love your goofy songs that you make up and sing all day long. If I had to pick one thing about you that I love the absolute most, it would have to be what an amazing big brother you are. You know how to make Cam feel better when he's sad, you know how to make him laugh, and you know how to teach him everything you know. Lately if he cries in the car, you say, "It's okay, Cam. We're almost home." You are so proud of him when he learns something new. Today in the car you said something about the "hycotie" and it sounded like Cam agreed with you and said "yeah!" You were so excited and told Cam, "Good job, Cam!! Mommy, Cam just learned how to say yeah!"
Have a wonderful 3rd birthday! You are so loved!!
*At 3 years old, Kaden weighs 35 pounds and is 38 3/4 inches (80th percentile for both)


Happy Birthday Kaden!!!! Cracking up at his answers to your questions! :) Can't believe these kids are turning THREE!!! Happy day to all of you!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! A costume! Amazing!
ReplyDeletePrecious Kaden! Happy 3! Can't wait to celebrate with you!
ReplyDeleteSide note - love the floors and the new look on the fireplace. So fun!