Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flipping the pancake


Not a lot has happened here lately. We are loving the fall weather this past week, and got to go enjoy the Greek Food Festival or, "bestibal" as some of us like to call it. Opa! Kaden ate like I've never seen him eat- gyros, chicken, Greek meatballs, rice, pita bread, spanikopita, Greek french fries...

We went through a rough week with Cam where he would turn onto his belly while asleep and not be able to turn back... We named the week "Flip the Pancake" and Nic and I took turns flipping him from tummy to back. I think the frustrating thing was that he used to know how to turn from tummy to back and then all of a sudden either couldn't figure it out or was way to mad to try. Either way, it was a long week and we're thankful that he has now mastered the art of flipping both ways. He is so squirmy in bed and is always in a different position every time I look at the monitor.

Cam is very close now to being able to sit up on his own. It seems like yesterday he couldn't and today he is close! He manages to stay up for probably about 20-30 seconds now, especially if he is playing with a toy. I remember Kaden went from not being able to, to having it mastered in about a week. It's amazing what a baby can learn!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That crummy week is over. SO glad it only lasted a week. Whew! :) So fun to see y'all the other day. Talk to ya soon!!

    ReplyDelete