Friday, July 10, 2009

16 month update

I feel like I haven't had much time lately to update on what Kaden has been up to lately.

Kaden transitioned over to one nap per day about 2 weeks ago. I think that Kaden was more ready for this than Nic or I was, but the 2 naps were starting to be a bit of a hassle with friends, playgroups, errands, etc. He had also started waking up 30-60 minutes earlier in the morning... It was then that we decided we would try one nap and see how it would go. Kaden did pretty well considering it was a pretty big change in his daily schedule. Instead of going down for a nap at 10:30, he is now going down at 12:30 after lunch. 11:30-12:30 was a pretty rough time at first, but now sometimes I think he could even go a bit longer. The first week he slept right about 2 hours, but he was sleeping in a little longer in the morning. The second week (this week) he has slowly increased his nap to between 2.25-3.25 hours!! I don't know if it was a fluke, but yesterday he slept for 3.25 hours. He was actually a little cranky at first so I'm not sure if that was too much sleep for him.

Kaden is constantly talking. Constantly. He loves to talk on the play phone, and sometimes he gives a little chuckle to whoever he is talking to on the other line! It's really cute- I will try get it on video. He has a lot of new words- like "there it is" which comes out "thereeese."
Me: "Kaden, where's the blocks?"
Kaden: "Thereeese!"
He also says blocks "gocks," Roxy (can't exactly spell it out but something like...) "Dotdy," Max "Mah," "ball," blankie "baykey," chomper (pacifier) "bompa." He also has a lot of words for "ba ba" which varies anywhere from water and vacuum to airplane and golf ball. Gotta use those context clues :)

Kaden has started to climb. His new favorite thing to do is to climb up on our ottoman/coffee table and stand up right in the middle. He does so with such a proud look on his face and then thinks it's hilarious to scare us to death and take some steps toward the edge. If we tell him to get down the right way, he sits down, turns on to his belly, and then goes leg-first off. He also is starting to climb on everything from diaper boxes, to chairs to couches.

Kaden still loves books, especially Go Dog Go. He loves to sit in our lap our lie next to us on the floor as we read to him. Since we read Go Dog Go so often, he has started to memorize the words.
Me: "Hello"
K: "eeyoo"
Me: "Do you like my..."
K: "hat?"
Me: "I do not like it"
K: "Buh bye"
Me: "Good bye"
There is also another section where he fills in the word water 3 times when I pause. Pretty funny.

Other than that, it seems like Kaden is really starting to pick up on things. For example, we were up at Be-dazzled the other day and I told him it was time to go home. He walked over to the diaper bag, picked up the handle and handed it to me. Once I took it from him, he walked over to the front door. I am amazed every day by what he understands and what he can do. My little Boo Boo, I love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment