Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New happenings

Kaden has been chatting up a storm lately. I have mentioned before that he is a little parrot- and he continues to live up to that name. He loves repeating any noises he hears. For example, in a parking lot if he hears a car beep twice when the car is locked, he says "ee ee." If a bird is tweeting outside, he tweets... if a dog is barking, he barks. When Max and Roxy growl at each other... he growls!

In the past 3 weeks he has been using the word "up" ALL THE TIME! At first it was cute, but now that he knows what up is... he wants up all the time. To the point that he just repeats "up up up up up" until you pick him up. I found up to be a bit demanding. Am I crazy? So now I say, "Up... what?" and he says "eease" for please! And a couple of times he has said "up eease."

Kaden continues to use signs but is starting to use words with the signs. He signs eat and very clearly says "eat." He signs milk and when I ask him what he wants, he says "ilp." Every night in his room he is given his chomper (aka pacifier) and blankie. Now right when we get in his room he says chomper (can't remember how he says it but obviously it's not the most clear word).

He also points up at the lights and says "ite" and on a few occasions has said "ice" when he wants to push the button for the ice maker, which by the way, is his most favorite thing in the world!

Kaden now says "ribbit" when you ask him what a frog says!

The other morning Nic and I were in his room and Kaden stood up on the bumper and put a knee up on top of his side rail.... so last night was Kaden's first night without bumpers. When I laid him down, he looked to the side and patted the side of the crib... like where the heck are my bumpers!

Kaden loves to read Go Dog Go at Mimi's house. Mimi says, "do you want to read Go Dog Go??" with a big inflection on the last Go. Now Kaden points to the book and says "Bah Bah Bah??" with a big inflection on the last Bah. He is part parrot I tell ya!

Nic started to teach him to play golf with his golf game he got for his birthday. He laughs and laughs when Nic hits the ball. For now, he loves throwing the balls at the dogs and chasing after them, but he does hit them with the clubs a little bit!

I fall more and more in love with that little boy every day!

Here are a few more pictures from around the house and with Kaden and Josh hangin' out in Omaha!








1 comment:

  1. a darling parrot! And we love reading bah bah bah.... a million times a day!

    ReplyDelete